I wanted to share with you an article by Tyler Tolman
. He is the son of Don Tolman and is carrying on his work in regards to healing the body naturally through the foods you eat. Whilst it may be difficult to follow all of his tips, incorporating even some of them into your daily life may extend the quality of your life as well as the duration.
There’s a great quote from a teacher of mine that goes:
“If you don’t make time to exercise today, you’ll have to make time for illness later.”
Perhaps some of Tylers tips may be useful…
“Many people go through life experiencing unnecessary discomfort and pain and eventually their daily habits begin to take their toll.
If we only would stop ‘treating symptoms’ and learned how to address ‘causes’ by being more conscious of what we take into our bodies, people would have more energy and there’d be a lot less sickness and disease.
Here are some important tips for leading a more healthy and conscious lifestyle:
- Answer nature’s call immediately – never suppress the urge for a bowel movement
- Consume 20-25 grams of dietary fibre daily from live, uncooked, unprocessed plant sources
- Drink 4 litres of pure, filtered water each day – any excess will simply run out of the body
- Peak sleeping time is 11pm to 3am and 6 to 8 hours is best
- Choose, organic, non-processed whole living foods
- Eat as much locally grown, organic produce as you can get your hands on
- Breath good clean circulating air daily
- Get daily heliotherapy – at least 10-20 minutes in the sun
- Include portions of live cultured or fermented foods often to stabilise the ecology of the gut
- Maintain good dental health and chew your food well
- Exercise moderately every day 20-45 minutes walking
- Surround yourself with happy relationships
- Avoid or reduce consumption of common toxins like distilled alcohol, processed sugar and tobacco
- Assist ‘house cleaning’ each quarter by completing a Colon Cleanse (unless you are eating a plant raw based diet only)
- Find a passion – something that gives you happy feet and make sure you do it often!
Being more conscious of what you’re doing on a daily basis and why you’re doing it is really the key first step in leading a healthy, happy life. Once you have this mentality, embracing simple daily behaviors that will benefit you in the short and long term will become habit before you know it.”